Where do you want to go next?

Making sure that employers and education providers understand the value of your qualifications is vitally important.

If you want to take the next step by either studying, looking for a first job or looking to change jobs, it is fundamental to make sure that your qualifications, skills and abilities are valued.

Not all employers, colleges or universities understand the skills and competencies that are associated with qualifications. So whether you hold academic, vocational or professional qualifications from the UK or from overseas we are able to help ensure your qualifications are understood.

Mobility across Europe

Whether you have studied in the UK or elsewhere in Europe, the Europass portfolio can help you stand out from the crowd.

Europass documents are used throughout the UK and Europe and can help employers, universities, colleges and professional bodies understand more about the skills and competencies that are obtained through training and qualifications.

Visit the Europass website to find out more.

Qualifications from overseas

If British HEIs or potential employers have difficulties understanding the level of your qualifications, UK NARIC can help you. UK NARIC can provide a Statement of Comparability to compare your qualifications to the UK’s qualification frameworks. So, if you want to work or study in the UK please visit the UK NARIC website to find out more.

14 Thoughts

  1. I need to know what is an Indian bachelors in Science ( Biochemistry and Life Sciences) equivalent to in the uk. I need to pursue a professional course here n require to know the equivalency.

    1. Hi, thanks for the query. In order to answer your query it would be best if you get in touch with us- our number is 0044 871 330 7033. I hope this helps. Best regards, UK NARIC

    1. Hi Bushra, thanks for the query. We’d need more details in order to help you- can you call us on 0871 330 7033 to discuss? An Information Adviser would be happy to help. Best regards, UK NARIC

  2. Hello!
    I have a Statement of Comparability issued by the UK NARIC in 2010. I now plan to go for a Masters degree to the USA. Can I use the statement of comparability issued to me for this purpose or do you have an affiliate in the USA who can issue me another Statement of Comparability based on the certificate issued by you?
    Any information you provide will be appreciated.

    1. Hi Vishal

      Thanks for your post.

      We can provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK’s national qualifications frameworks. Unfortunately it is not possible to provide comparability statements for how UK qualifications compare to the USA or any other country’s education system and the Statement of Comparability you obtained through UK NARIC is unlikely to be fit for this purpose overseas.

      In America the decision to accept your qualification is determined by the individual organisation or by a state level licensing agency, if the employment sought requires a professional licence

      In some instances, the organization itself might evaluate your credentials. However, in many cases, they may request that a “credential evaluation” be completed to determine how your credentials equate to U.S. credentials, in a similar way to the statement you had by UK NARIC in 2010. Such evaluations are carried out by private, non-governmental entities for a fee. For a list of credential evaluation services see http://www.naces.org or http://www.aice-eval.org.

      Please note that some organizations in the United States require or recommend that you use a specific credential evaluation firm. So, whenever possible, it is recommended to first consult with the organization you would be applying to and inquire about their process for evaluating non-U.S. credentials.

      Hope this is of assistance but if you are interested in further information on how the process works, the US ENIC although they do not evaluate qualifications, may be able to provide further advice:

      Website: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/edlite-index.html
      Phone: +1 202-205-0704

  3. Hi, I finished secondary school in Lithuania, I want to study in UK, should I get a Statement of Comparability?

    1. Hi Diana,

      Thank you for your post

      The UK NARIC’s Statement of Comparability is by no means a compulsory document.

      You will however find that if you are looking or further education or work in the UK, it is a very helpful document to have, as it helps to explain the level of your overseas qualifications to UK organisations in terms of the UK’s education system.

      Some but not all organisations may insist on you having the Statement of Comparability document in order for them to make an informed decision. In order to understand your suitability for the position or course that you are applying for. For this reason you may wish to contact the institute, you wish to study to at directly, for further advice on the necessary documentation they require.

      You can find more information on applying for the Statement of Comparability here: http://bit.ly/XrMrXO

      If you are applying to a UK University the following links may also be of assistance:

      For information on UK universities you can consult the following British Council website: http://www.educationuk.org/pls/hot_bc/page_pls_all_homepage

      For admission to undergraduate programmes at UK universities you may wish to consult UCAS for further advice: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/

      I hope that this information helps.

    1. Dear KC,

      Many thanks for getting in touch,

      We are able to provide comparability information for qualifications that constitute a national standard in the education system of the country of origin. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a comparability statement for individual grades and subjects obtained in these qualifications.

      It is recommended that you present transcripts directly to potential employers/admitting institutions for consideration on an individual basis in line with specific grade requirements.

      Kind regards

      UK NARIC

  4. Hi I am a dentist from Serbia and a have experience tree years a want a work I UK what I need and what is my first step thanks

    1. Hi Milena,

      Although a Statemement of Comparability can help when explaining the level of your award in the UK to organisations, we are not in a position to advise on entry into specific professions. However as Dentistry is a regulated profession in the UK you should be able to get further advice on the necessary steps by contacting the General Dental Council (www.gdc-uk.org)

      I hope this helps

Comments are closed.